Friday, 20 April 2007

Simon Jones PPC for D&R

I have just got back from the Open Primary for Dagenham and Rainham, and alas, for me, it wasn't my turn or time. I am however delighted that Simon Jones was selected this evening. Simon and I became great friends during the course of the general election campaigning for James Brokenshire, and he knows and loves this seat and the local area, and has good strong local connections.

I have no doubt that he will be an excellent PPC, and whilst I am obviously disappointed, I know that they have a good experienced candidate who will give it his all. And I am sure that I will be out campaigning for him to ensure that D&R is Con gain.

As my first attempt at selection, I was delighted to get this far. I wish Jane Archer and Paul Bristow the best of luck for their selections in the future. They were both very able candidates.

No comments: