Sunday, 17 June 2007

Britain's Got Talent

I was really quite taken by this week's Britain's Got Talent show. It has been inspiring to see so many great talents showcased on ITV, and the stories behind them have been fascinating. Before the show started, I was a bit sceptical, but actually I really think it worked.

Who would think that a show would be a great success with a 6 year old, two bar tenders, and a monkey called Bubbles!? But actually, I am happy to say I really enjoyed it, and really enjoyed the variety. What was great was that it modernised "variety".

As I write this it has just been announced that the show has raised over £300,000 for the Royal Variety Show's chairty, which makes it even more worthwhile.

Finally well done Paul Potts, the winner of Britain's Got Talent. As a current mobile phone salesman for Carphone Warehouse, he walked into the auditions, and sang an incredibly amazing rendition of Nessum Dorma. Breathtaking.

No comments: