Monday, 13 August 2007

Setting Up CF Branches

Tody I spent about an hour on the phone to Derbyshire CFer, Neelam Cartmell, who is keen to continue developing the CF branch there. Her and Helen Walker are doing a fantastic job, and have already made significant progress, using Facebook, Bluechip and existing Conservatives in office in the area to identify potential members.

We discussed ways to grow the CF branch, as well as what has worked elsewhere, and what hasn't! For anyone based there, do get in touch with Neelam via Facebook, or drop me an e-mail and I'll pass you her details. They have a bowling event this Sunday at Derby Megabowl from 4pm to 8pm.

I regularly deal with such calls from keen CFers wanting to either set up or grow CF branches, which enables me to give tailored advice to particular areas, and individuals, and help them with the areas they are struggling with. I also get to gain tips of what has worked for them!

Consequently I am pulling together a document to be available for those who are setting up CF branches with do's and don't's, tips and hints. For those of you with experience of setting up CF branches, please do e-mail me with your comments and contributions.

No comments: