Friday, 22 February 2008

London Universities Ball

I attended the London Universities Ball last night at the Russell Hotel, near Russell Square in London. The event was fabulously organised to Arleen and her team and I even managed to win a raffle prize.

The event brought together students from across London, as well as attendees from Kent, Oxford and no doubt other further afield places. Boris Johnson was the main speaker before dinner, Nadine Dorries gave an after dinner speech, and Dr David Bull, the PPC for Brighton & Pavilion did a sterling job on the auction. Unfortuately I had an early start and had to leave to catch the last tube, leaving the students to dance the night away!

I was delighted to attend and support such a brilliant event. Well done to Arleen and her team and I look forward to the invite for next years!

No comments: